With the active support of local enterprises and the Hong Kong Productivity Council (HKPC), the Hong Kong Automotive Industry Group (HKAIG) was established on 5 July 1996.
In order to better promote the development and enhance the competitiveness of Hong Kong’s auto parts industry, the HKAIG is registered to become a formal industrial association namely “The Hong Kong Auto Parts Industry Association (HKAPIA)”.
During the past years’ effort, the HKAPIA successfully assisted many Hong Kong industrialists who are interested in automotive components industry to explore and diversify into the auto-business and to develop a close network and collaboration relationship with Mainland China, overseas automotive industries as well as related organizations.
The HKAPIA has now over 110 company members heavily engaged in the high value-added automotive activities including components design manufacturing and business investment.
- To formulate short and long term strategies and action plans to expand Hong Kong’s business into automotive components manufacturing;
- To promote business and technical co-operation with potential partners in mainland China and overseas;
- To develop close network and relationship with the automotive industries in mainland China and overseas;
- To conduct market research and to establish databases related to automotive components business;
- To foster the communication, interaction and cooperation among members and to establish liaison with and convey the collective opinions to government bodies, industrial or trade organization;
- To serve the interest, build up the reputation and promote the image and capabilities of Hong Kong’s auto parts industry;
- To assist in upgrading the technology, engineering, and management skills of the industry so as to improve its performance and enhance its competitiveness in the international market.